What is the most important appliance in your house that you cannot do without? Is it the television, fridge, laptop maybe? For most people who live in flood-prone areas, the Wayne sump pump is one of the most important equipment to have in their houses.
Why though, you may ask. Well, Wayne sump pump helps you prevent flooding in your house. It gets rid of the water that may be caught up in your foundation. Remember a stable foundation equals a stable house.
Keeping water away not only helps with the stability of the foundation, but it also contributes to a healthy environment for living. Moist areas promote the growth of molds that can lead to serious health problems. In this article, we shall look into the best pumps by the reputable brand Wayne, give a Wayne sump pump review and provide you with information on things to consider before purchasing one.
Let us get straight into it.
Comparison of Best Wayne Sump Pump
1. WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump
WAYNE CDU980E is a heavy duty Wayne sump pump that is rugged and is known to handle just about any water volume that you will find in the basement of your home or business premises. It also has a solid feeling to it without being too heavy to carry.
In regards to the noise levels, it is so quiet you may not be able to tell if it’s on or not. Furthermore, it has been designed in such a way that when you install it, it will be difficult for gravel and other debris to get in easily thus rendering it damaged or unable to perform its functions efficiently.
Strong Base and Motor Casing
This product has been built with a cast iron for the base and stainless steel motor casing. What is great about this feature is that the sump pump is able to last you longer without any hiccups. On top of that, you will be sure not to hear about any cases of corrosion.
Vertical Float Switch
Another great feature about this sump pump from Wayne is that it has a vertical on/off float switch, which is great as it ensures the water from the basement will not accumulate for too long.
Strong Motor Performance
It has been made with a ¾ motor horsepower. This means it can pump water as vigorously as a 1 horsepower pump in the market leaving your basement bone dry. Also, the maximum flow rate of 4600 gallons per hour is a testament to the incredible power of the motor.
- It has one of the best-oriented designs that ensure minimal risk of clogging from debris or other substances.
- As much as it is a submersible sump pump, it is able to maintain a trouble-free operation thanks to the materials it is made of.
- The floater mechanism can be difficult to work with because of the hook that it is attached to. However, the manufacturers are in the works to ensure this issue is sorted out.
2. WAYNE CDU800 1/2 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump
WAYNE CDU800 is also a submersible water pump. It is a downgrade of its counterpart the Wayne CDU980E but it still gets the job done, especially if the ¾ horsepower is not required. It is also a great upgrade for households who are already struggling with 1/3 or ¼ horsepower sump pumps. As compared to the model CDU980E, it is far much quieter. This can be attributed to the fact that it runs less water per minute, which is mostly the case with submersible pumps.
Strong Motor Performance
This product has been made with a ½ horsepower motor that is able to pump out 4,200 gallons of water per hour at its maximum water flow rate. This leaves your basement looking dry in no time.
Great Design and Construction
It is self-priming and housed in cast iron and stainless steel. This makes it a durable and corrosion free pump that will serve you for long.
Good Outlet Diameter
It comes with a 1-1/2 inch discharge. This is great as it allows for easier installation and water can easily move from ground level to a higher level without any strain.
- It is quiet. When the pump is switched on, you will not notice it because it is relatively quiet. This is important for every home since no one would want to be bothered.
- It is easy to install. Even if you are not an expert, this sump pump is very to install when you purchase. You will notice that no technical assistance is required.
- You may need to make adjustments to the float to avoid bending or falling off.
3. WAYNE CDU790 1/3 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump
WAYNE CDU790 is also a submersible sump pump by Wayne. It is a downgraded sibling of the Wayne models mentioned above, but it still gets the job done. A plus, it is budget-friendly. Because of this, it has become high in demand since most household users require a small-sized pump that is efficient as well. This demand has in turn been noted by manufacturers, which has led to more products being made and released to the market and at a reasonable price for most consumers.
It is known for its high performance. This is because it has a maximum flow rate of 4600 gallons of water per hour. In addition, it can pump out 3060 gallons of water per hour at 10 feet of discharge lift.
Integrated Vertical Float Switch
It comes with an integrated vertical float switch with a solid and leak free polypropylene float for automatic operation. Additionally, the ON level is at 9 inches while the 0FF level is at 4 inches.
Unique Top Suction Design
It comes with a unique top suction design. This is great as it reduces clogging and prevents an air lock condition.
- It is easy to install without the use of any technical assistance. It is a task most people can do with ease.
- It comes with an 8-foot water-resistant power cord, which provides easy access to nearby GFCI protected outlet.
- The backup pump can sit for a while before it starts working which can be frustrating at times.
4. WAYNE CDU1000 1 HP Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump
WAYNE CDU1000 is one of the strongest sump pumps from the manufacturers at Wayne given its horsepower of 1. It is characterized by a top suction pump design which gets rid of airlocks and prevents clogging from debris and dust that is found in the bottom of the sump pit or sump basin.
When purchased, it comes with a water resistant power cord that grants you better access to an electrical outlet nearby. Let us look further into the features.
This sump pump has a maximum flow rate of 6,100 gallons of water per hour. Also, the water released at 10 feet is 5,100 gallons per hour. This ensures that water does not accumulate in your basement for long.
Great Design and Construction
It is made of corrosion resistant stainless steel and rugged cast iron. This means that the product is able to last long and endure tough conditions.
Integrated Float Switch
It has an integrated vertical float switch with solid and leaks free polypropylene float. This is great because the switch has an automatic operation. You do not have to manually do it.
- With this sump pump, there is no need for weep holes. Instead, it has a top suction design that reduces clogging and prevents an air lock condition.
- It is easy to install. The company credits itself of an installation that lasts up to 15 minutes without technical assistance. This is a do-it-yourself (DIY) task that you can do with ease.
- The float switch has to be changed every two years. This is a bummer considering most standard sump pumps have a float switch that lasts for longer.